Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ticketed

Sitting at Fitchburg State waiting for W to finish with scout merit badge camp for the day and think ing a lot about the mission trip today.

While W was at camp I spent the morning running around to various stores attempting to discover the best way to provide power to my iPhone while in Haiti. We have been told that power will be iffy while in Haiti and I can't remember from last year if that was the case or not. I do remember the fans going off in the dorms at about 11pm when the batteries for the facility ran dry and it was to late to run the generator which can be noisy.

Power is more important to me this year because I plan to take more video and want to be able to update friends and family back home via Facebook. And yes, we have been told that we will have access to wifi, but I am not sure if that is via wifi at the dorm or via a cafe. In either case power will be important.

I continue to find that I miss Haiti and I suppose that sounds strange, but it is how I have felt since leaving it last year. Looking forward is the wrong way to express how I feel; perhaps returning to where I am meant to be to take the next small step to complete a job and help a people that will take many years.

Location:Highland Ave,Fitchburg,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment