Sunday, April 7, 2013

Evening Time




After sorting medicine and preparing for the medical clinic we headed to the orphanage. We spent time reading, singing, just holding the children, and loving one them. One of our team members plays the guitar and the children are drawn to it as soon as the first string is plucked.

I do wish I had remembered to bring some children's books with me. We have a few here, but they are in French, and I can't really read them. I wish I had a copy of "Good night Moon". Even though they were in French, some of them were shape, animal, and number books, so were we're able to use those and the children could shout out numbers and animal names.

Night time in Haiti is a wonderful time. The breeze keeps you cooler, the sounds of night come out, music from churches, street traffic, neighbors having conversations, crickets, birds, and leaves blowing. I could sit on the porch for hours just absorbing it. It brings peace.

Good night Haiti and God Bless.

Location:Ruelle Samba,Port-au-Prince,Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment