Thursday, November 11, 2010

Haiti Trip is a Go

easy fundraisers
Just found out tonight that the trip to Haiti is a go, even though it looks like we will have far fewer people than we would like. So if you are interested in helping out in Haiti there is still room. As you can see to the left the fund raising continues. I have not yet reached that half way mark, so if you are willing to help I would surely appreciate it.

This Sunday, November 14th, I am planning to help out in a service in Sutton. I am meant to speak at the about the mission trip to Haiti last year. This will be the first time that I have spoken about the trip in a public forum like this and I am hopping I can keep it together. Last year's experience is still very real to me. It was a great experience, but that doesn't mean it is always easy to think back on it. If you are free this Sunday, please come and join us.

There is other fund raising continuing for the Haiti trip as well. We have been put in contact with an organization called Spirit of Hope. This is an organizations "founded to fund individuals and groups that give direct service in Haiti". We are hopeful that they will provide us with some funds to help build the school in Haiti. Another person that is going on trip is working to organize a fund raiser in December up in Nashua, NH. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun as it is being held at a club. Details are not yet firm, but you can be sure when they are I will let people know.

I did read an interesting blog from Hope for Haiti Foundation. It speaks about the level of schooling typically available in Haiti. The more you read about Haiti the more you see how much need in Haiti there was even before the earthquake. It really boggles my mind how easily I was able to turn a blind eye to Haiti for so long. It makes you wonder what else we are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment