Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank You

It is just before the US Thanksgiving holiday and I thought that this would be an appropriate time to thank all those you have contributed to help fund my mission trip to Haiti in January. The time is coming quickly and I am starting to prepare for the trip, which can be difficult with all the other things going on.

I continue to watch the activities that are going on in Haiti through various news and blog outlets. Between the earthquake rebuilding, attempting to establish agriculture capabilities, cholera outbreak, and the upcoming election Haiti has a lot of activities.

On this day I see hope for Haiti. I think it will be a long time before a sense of normalcy returns to Haiti I pray for the Haitian people and celebrate efforts to help move them in a healthy direction.

I am continuing my study of Creole as well. Right now I am on lesson 13 of around 34, so still a long way to go. I wish I knew some local native Creole speakers so I could get some sense if my pronunciation is actually close. Even so, I still wonder how much value it will be to be able to ask someone if they would like to drink something tomorrow evening at the restaurant on St. Joseph's Street. I wonder if there even is a St. Joseph's street.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I wish you and yours a relaxing, contemplative, and happy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment