Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Magic of a Pencil Sharpner

These are really my favorite type of pictures. I didn't ask them to pose. One girl ask me to take a picture of her and then grabbed a friend and before you know it lots of giggles and a picture. You can see a couple of the new children to the group home in this picture as well. 
Today we made God's guys with the kids. They had some difficulties getting started, but once started they did very well. I brought a throw toy as well. It didn't last very long Nd now sits on the roof three stories up waiting for a strong gust to blow it down. 

Finally today we purchased some pencils, a Sharpner, and some paper. This was because the other day some of the older children asked about pencils when we were handing out crayons. This led to two interesting findings. 

The pencil sharpener we purchased was and old hand crank model. Apparently the children had never seen one before and their expressions when a sharpened pencil was pulled out of the sharpener after a few cranks was priceless. 

The second noticed was that pencil and paper kept they quiet and mesmerized in thought for quite a long while. Give a child a pencil and paper and their imaginations go to work. 

Tonight I pray for Haiti and that it will rise from its current state to once again become the pearl of the Caribbean that it once was. That the people of Haiti will work together to left each other up as beloved children of God. Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. David, I love reading your posts. So very glad that Sunshine is making progress. Your love and heart humble me. Sending much love to all our friends there. I wish I were with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hoping more people can come next year. Have to admit I don't feel as useful as I normally do on these trips, but I do get to spend a lot of time with the kids and they are helping me with my Ceole.

      Delete
  2. David, I love reading your posts. So very glad that Sunshine is making progress. Your love and heart humble me. Sending much love to all our friends there. I wish I were with you!

    ReplyDelete