Friday, January 11, 2013

Travel Day





Don't let anyone ever tell you it is easy to get from San Jose, California to Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Well, I guess it is easy, it just takes a long time, particularly when you are attempting to time your arrival time with people coming from other locations.

I am at the airport now, doing a lot of what I will be doing over the next 18 hours or so, waiting. I fly from San Jose, CA to Los Angeles, CA. Wait. Then to New York. Wait. Then to PaP to arrive tomorrow at about 2 in the afternoon local time. So the leg from LAX to JFK is a red eye.

It doesn't feel like I have had as much time to sit and contemplate this years trip as I have in the past. Perhaps that is the purpose God has put this waiting in my path. It gives me time to sit and get in the right frame of mind.

This year we will be visiting and working at the orphanage that we have come along side of the past two years to help construct a chicken farm. The chickens will bring the children needed food as well as allow the orphanage to sell any extra to help support its needs.

I miss my family already, but am looking forward to seeing friends in PaP as well as meeting the rest of the team. Safe travels to the rest of the team and see you tomorrow in PaP ... save me a seat on the back of the truck.

Location:Airport Blvd,San Jose,United States

4 comments:

  1. Good luck and have a fruitful triip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're going. Prayers for safe travel & a blessed week. Keep posting if u can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

    This is one of my favorite verses. In our busy schedules, it is so good to be able to be still and wait on the Lord. He is the source of this whole mission project. May He be glorified in your act of love and obedience to Him.

    With love,
    Lilia and Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids and I are following your posts.

    Daniel said, "May the Lord be with you."
    and Manina said, "Have a safe trip."

    We love you and keep you in our prayers.
    Lilia and Family

    ReplyDelete